Condensation Treatment01304 826573
Professional Condensation Treatment
Covid 19 Update.
Following recently issued Government guidelines, we will be carrying out Condensation Surveys within occupied properties subject to the following criteria.
- That our staff are in good health.
- That the occupants can confirm that they do not have any symptoms of Covid 19 and have not received a positive test result for the virus.
- That the occupants have removed any furniture etc in advance that may obstruct us from carrying out our survey and left doors / windows open to reduce contact by ourselves.
- That the occupier maintains at least a 2 meter distance when we arrive and then stays in a separate room or leaves the building until completion.
- Our surveyors will wear disposable shoe coverings / gloves as well as a reusable face mask and will clean their work area on completion.
- The occupants should also clean the work area prior to reuse.
- All Condensation survey findings will be issued by email.
- All invoices will be issued by email / post.
Please note that we charge an initial fee of £80.00 to carry out your survey. This is fully refundable if you instruct us to go ahead with any future works that we recommend.
If you have black mould forming on various surfaces within your property then it is extremely likely that you have a condensation problem being caused by excessive warm moisture laden air within your property and not from rising damp or damp penetrating through walls.
Condensation in buildings is a major damp problem that affects many domestic properties.
Condensation is generally perceived to be a winter problem. Cold air enters a building, the air is warmed for comfort, the warm air takes up and holds moisture, the warm moist air then comes into contact with cold surfaces and condensation occurs when excess water is released. This can cause mould problems.
Thanks so much Paul, the guys who did the work to our basement were brilliant and thank you for your excellent communication and answering all our questions!Alex Scott
Just wanted to say thank you to Paul, Terry and Ben for the extensive damp proofing works on our home at Greenfield Road. The place was clean and tidy upon our return and you were ALL really kind to us explaining things.Susan Coulstock
Call or fill in the form to arrange a survey!
Pay For Your Survey Now
Use the Paypal button to pay for your survey straight away, making it easier and saving you time!
Very often the first indication of condensation is mould growth in the most affected areas. It can also be seen as misting of windows leading to water droplets and even puddles of water on horizontal surfaces such as window sills. Other areas typically affected are cold external walls or pipework, and where there is poor air circulation, behind items of furniture, in built-in cupboards or in corners of rooms for example.
Condensation can be often be addressed by ensuring an adequate balance is achieved between heating, ventilation and insulation. However, more often than not other control measures are required to deal with condensation.
To prevent recurrence as well as advising on condensation control measures we install a dynamic whole home positive input ventilation control unit that sits discreetly within the loft space. The unit takes dryer air from roof spaces or lofts and mixes this with air in the dwelling.
This is done at a very low rate (below half an air change per hour) and has the effect of lowering total moisture content int he home and removing moist air by natural leakage.The unit is located at a central position on your landing area whilst working very efficiently to ventilate your entire home, transforming a stagnant stale atmosphere into a fresh, healthy, condensation free environment.